Enrollment is currently closed for 2020-2021.
At the heart of this program is the most important piece of advice that I could ever give a new teacher: Start your students the right way.
How does this program benefit aspiring student teachers?
- Real world experience before teaching privately
- Constant mentoring/answering questions, problem solving
- Your students can participate in larger recitals and events by Scottsdale Piano Academy
- Weekly Workshops
- Opportunity to observe lessons prior to teaching
- Certification at the end of the program
- Resume-building experience
- Build confidence when you start a studio or continue teaching after graduation
- Learn business skills – how to set up a studio, invoicing, studio communications
- Access to an extensive library of songs/books/resources for you and your students
- When you teach, you understand your own learning and technique better.
- Learn how to break concepts down and build them together
- Sharing your love of music with others.
What are the requirements for aspiring teachers to join and receive a certification in the Bright Start Piano Academy pedagogy program?
- Currently working towards or have exceeded Level 8 in the Arizona Study Program.
- Must have received a Superior with Honors for at least 6 of the 8 years in the Arizona Study Program.
- Must participate in at least five studio recitals per year.
- Have the ability to teach from home and online.
- Great sight-reader with ability to play all teacher accompaniments in student books.
- A minimum of four student observations per week with at least 30 student observations prior to teaching.
- Must complete 12 weeks of workshops over the course of the program.
- Must log 80 student observations over the course of the program.
- Must complete a student teacher portfolio and submit all assignments.
How do I apply?
Please fill out the following application HERE